The aim of the course is to provide operatives with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to safely operate and change/mount abrasive wheels and become registered as an ‘Appointed Person’.
The course covers the following areas:
- Identifying potential hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels.
- Correct method for storing, handling and transporting abrasive wheels.
- An understanding of the CE marking system for abrasive wheels.
- Explanation of the function of the components used on abrasive wheels.
- Mounting and use of an abrasive wheel, including correct method of adjusting guards / work rests and dressing wheels.
- Legal requirements of an appointed person.