The aim of the course is to allow learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of laying polyethylene mains and jointing them using butt fusion. The learner will also develop the skills to lay and joint polyethylene mains in a controlled environment.
This course can be run for groups of 6 or more.
The course covers the following areas:
- Understanding of mainlaying and butt fusion of polyethylene pipe
- Understanding the importance of conforming to legislation and procedures
- Identifying, selecting and preparing polyethylene pipes for mainlaying and jointing
- Laying and jointing polyethylene pipes using butt fusion joints
- Relevant health and safety constraints and industry standards, and how to operate within these