This course is aimed at operatives whose work activities involve working at height and use of safety harnesses. The aim of the course is for candidates to understand their legal duties and be able to identify situations where safety harnesses are required, as well as understanding the inspection regime for safety and lifting equipment and the reporting process for defects.
The course covers:
- The Legislative framework associated with the use of harnesses and fall protection equipment.
- Management of HASAW regulations
- Work at Heights
- PPE Regulations
- Inspection, wearing and use of harnesses and fall arrest equipment
- Maintaining harnesses
- Anchorage points
- Storage of equipment
- Emergency procedures
- Reporting of defects in equipment
- Hierarchy of control measures